- Enhance applications with features to view, edit and print PDF documents.
- Give programmers and final-users the ability to design complex documents, forms and reports.
- Generate dynamic content by directly linking documents to most available databases.
- Page content compression of graphics and text heavily reduces the size of the resulting PDF file.
- JPEG and 256 color compression algorithms reduce the size of documents containing large graphics.
- Font embedding enables the inclusion of True Type® fonts used in the source document to ensure perfect portability.
- Add bookmarks and hyperlinks to the PDF document.
- Works completely in the standard PDF format. Generated files can be directly viewed by any available PDF reader.
Additional Options Available In The Professional Versions
- Editing and printing PDF documents can be done programmatically without any user interaction.
- Documents can be designed either using the provided design environment, using an environment supplied by the application programmer, or programmatically by using the provided set of ActiveX classes.
- The link to the database can be done either using Microsoft DAO (Data Access Objects) or using a custom link supplied by the application programmer. For example, VFP programmers can directly link their database without going through the DAO layer.
- Interface with any Windows® programming environment, including VB. The PDF Creator is provided as a set of ActiveX objects that can be easily integrated in most programming languages.
- Lightweight ActiveX control with small footprint makes it easy to distribute with applications.
Encryption of the PDF documents with a password to protect them from being modified, printed or copied. Two passwords are associated to a crypted PDF document.
- The owner password is for the author of the document and allows him/her do any operation he/she wishes on this document.
- The user password for the destinator or user of the document. The user can be restricted to the following operations:
- Changing the document content
- Printing the document
- Copying text and graphics from the document
- Adding notes or modifying form fields
Linearization, or web optimization of the PDF document. When large PDF documents are downloaded from a web server, this feature allows the PDF viewer to download only specific pages and not the whole document. A non-optimized file will need to be downloaded completely before the user can start viewing it.
Why would I need another PDF viewer when Acrobat Reader® is available for free ?
The PDF Creator is a lightweight PDF viewer component designed to be easily integrated within applications. It is mainly aimed at the developers' community as opposed to final users. The PDF Creator is not only a viewer but also enables developers to design complex documents in their applications and give their final users a tool to design, print and edit exisiting PDF documents.
How does Amyuni PDF Creator compare to PDF Converter ?
The PDF Converter is a tool that can be used to convert from existing documents from virtually any Windows application to PDF format. The creator is designed to create new documents, forms and reports or edit documents converted to PDF using the PDF Converter.
Can the PDF Creator handle documents generated by tools other than the Amyuni PDF Creator or Amyuni PDF Converter ?
Although the files generated by the PDF Creator fully abide to the PDF specifications as defined by Adobe® Corporation, some features of the PDF language are not supported by the current version of the PDF Creator. PDF files generated by third party applications may not be successfully handled by the PDF Creator if they include some of the unsupported features. The main feature that, as yet remains unsupported, is LZW compression.